Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Success, regardless.

Tonight was my weigh-in... and it went pretty well! It showed that I am only up by 0.6 of a pound. Why is a gain still a success, you might ask? I shall endeavor to explain.

Last week, I opted to use my "No Weigh-In Pass" (referred to as NWIP, henceforth), because the preceding week was rough in terms of my tracking success. I decided that, no matter what, I would definitely weigh in at today's meeting, even though I might still show a gain. My goal? To make it not as much of a gain as it might have been otherwise.

I believe I have succeeded.

All that's left is for me to keep improving on this week's success. I've also set a goal for the week of attaining no less than 8 activity points by working out on my Wii Fit. This means getting up earlier, but it will all be worth it. I'd really like to spend some time working on my flexibility, as well as toning my arms and shoulders. Ergo, I'll be spending the heavier portion of my workouts on Yoga and Strength training.

Bob was reading over my shoulder for a moment there. He probably finds this a fairly dull blog; little does he know he gets a mention every now and then! BWA HA!

Dinner was pretty good tonight! We tried a new recipe (a fairly simple one, at that!) we got from the PBS show, Every Day Food. I recommend this show to anyone who is learning how to cook or just wants to have some simple, delicious, go-to recipes. I don't think we've made anything from those shows yet that we haven't enjoyed! In addition to good recipes, the people on the show are very informative. Check it out if you get a chance!

Anyway, we made Linguine with Garlic and Breadcrumbs. Although, I didn't get around to making the breadcrumbs, and I hadn't bought any pre-made at the store (why buy pre-fab breadcrumbs when you can just make your own with a piece of bread and a food processor?), so we ended up skipping that part. I don't believe the recipe suffered for it; it was still garlicky and delicious!

The one thing that made me a little nervous about trying it was one of the ingredients: anchovy filets.

I can hear the "EW!" and "BLEAH!" already...

Seriously, though, I had my doubts. And I'm not what one could ever describe as a "picky eater". But, true to what the lady on tv (as well as other food network cooks/chefs) claimed, the filets simply melted (that's right. MELTED.) in the pan! All that was left was a kind of lightly nutty flavor. No fish taste, overpowering or otherwise, at all! I was impressed.

Yet again, I have left blogging for a later hour. If I'm going to get up early enough to work out, then my bedtime is a little bit... past. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment