Monday, April 5, 2010

The One Plus Is...

Today was kind of a tough day.

Mondays are usually pretty long for me, because I go right from work to chorus rehearsal; basically, I leave my house at 9:00 a.m., and I don't get back home until roughly 10:00 p.m. (ish.)

Work was extra stressful today; we had a lot of instruments due today, and we were rushing to beat the clock all day. Normally, stress leads to "stress-snacking", but, whether or not it's because I've gotten into a regular schedule of eating or because there was literally no time for me to stop what I was doing to reach for something tasty, I did really well today! And, when I stopped to grab some dinner on the way to chorus, I had Pei Wei make my lo mein dish with "velvet stock", and they cut the portion down to the kids' size. That made it healthier and just the right amount! Also, it was delicious.

In other news, Kiba (my mouth-y Keeshond) ate part of a small ping pong paddle this evening. Bob thought he had a rawhide, and I was checking my email when I heard Bob suddenly exlaim, "Oh, no! KIBA!" I'm hoping that he'll be okay; he chews things pretty thoroughly before swallowing them, so it's possible he didn't end up ingesting any of the wood before he was discovered. Splinters.... *shudder*

Well, it's been a long day. Time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment