Monday, June 14, 2010

On stress-filled days

Well, today was something of a blur... We had a lot of employees out of the office, so it fell to me and my trusty apprentice, "The Chels", along with another of our cohorts (we shall refer to him as "Joshel") to hold the flute fort, so to speak. Mainly, we just answered phones and went about our normal jobs. However, it got to be 1:00, and The Chels and I had no idea how it had gotten to be the afternoon so quickly. Normally, this is a good thing; but today, we were really trying to get a lot of stuff done, and by 1:00, we weren't quite where we wanted to be with our schedule, so... well, you get it.

But, as I was on my way home, I decided to focus on the positive aspects of the day, and to think of at least five things I like about today. So, here they are:

1. Friendly/chatty employees at my local Target store. So helpful, and so pleasant!
2. All my (admittedly few) grocery purchases from said Target store fitting into ONE reusable shopping bag (the only one I had with me!). No extra plastic bags hanging around the house! Yeah!
3. Skorts: the skirt and shorts combo that are absolutely wonderful in the summertime (and so slimming, too!)
4. Happy fluffy doggies at home, always so excited to see me. There's just something about a grinning fluffy dog that can brighten one's day..
5. Musicals that have been made into movies, so that those who can't make it to Broadway can still enjoy a good show in the comfort of their own home.

That's all! I hope reading this list will give you food for thought, and that you will have thought of at least five things that you like about today, too!

1 comment: