Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And Awaaaaaay We Go...

It's finally happened.
After years of enjoying the blogs of others, and telling myself, "Oh, maybe I'll start a blog one day!", and then doing a stint of blogging on DeviantArt (a web journal that I still have, though I have infrequently updated it since about 2008. I think.), I've finally taken it upon myself to launch one of these sites.
Hooray for me! :D

On an off-note, I think my husband might be about to fall off the kitchen counter... he's attempting to replace a light bulb. Nevermind, he's doing fine! No falling today. Always a good thing.

*Ahem.*

Anyway, what finally lit the fire to start this was an idea to help me "stay on task" where my Weight Watchers is concerned. I figured, if I write a little bit everyday of how I'm doing, it'll help me stay accountable. I already have some really great accountability buddies, but this will help me be honest with myself.

I've already come a long way... I started my weight-loss journey in December of 2006, shortly after I became engaged, so that I could lose some weight before my wedding. I chose Weight Watchers because all I'd heard were good things about it; and I've never regretted the choice. I was able to lose about 20 lbs before my wedding! And then, as so many young married folks experience, I started to slowly put the weight back on. I was not "watching" as carefully as I should have, which made me not want to go to meetings to face how much progress I'd lost. Sporadically, I would get back on the program, and follow it really well, and then just yo-yo back and forth, becoming complacent with my little successes.

This time is different.

I am determined to reach my goal this time. It is going to happen this year!

Thus begins the April-August challenge: by August 1st, 2010, I will meet my goal. And everyday, I will post an entry detailing my progress.

And also some non-challenge related things, too. Because really, I am, in fact, that random.

No comments:

Post a Comment